Your role at GEI
GEI’s New York City office is seeking a motivated, senior geo-structural engineer to assist with growing GEI’s geostructural practice in the Metro NY area. This role includes a focus on the area of contractor support and developer work as well as managing and mentoring our junior staff members.
The geostructural practice provides engineering services for a wide range of projects including building foundations, dams, levees, bridges, tunnels, ground treatment, and excavation support systems. The successful candidate will exhibit a combination of technical and managerial skills in the fields of geotechnical and structural engineering, strong interpersonal skills and experience working with contractors, developers, and New York government agencies.
- Lead proposal efforts, presentations, maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participate in client-based professional organizations, and make presentations at industry events.
- Serve as a role model for leadership, company culture, and values.
- Contribute to strategic planning at the office, regional and national level.
- Perform technical work at a high level, and delivering for our clients.
- New York State licensed P.E.
- New Jersey State P.E. or ability to get within 6 months.
- 20+ years of experience in Geostructural Engineering, specifically related to the design and analysis of excavation support systems, deep foundation elements, working with contractors, working with developers, and managing geostructural engineering projects.
We are GEI.
Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
With approximately 60 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.
GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range for this Position: $170,000-200,000/year
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
· WORK ENVIRONMENT
Activity Level Throughout Workday (check one per row)
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Wrist position deviation
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Talk or hear
Very Accurate 20/20
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
Extreme noise levels
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.