Your role at GEI.
GEI is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager / Structural Engineer to join our growing and industry leading waterfront and coastal design group. We are seeking an individual aligned with our company culture and with the self-motivation required for a successful senior seller/doer role. This position is expected to follow a hybrid model, with some time spent in the office mentoring junior engineering staff. The ideal candidate will have a background in structural engineering with experience in bridge, heavy civil or infrastructure engineering. Previous experience with construction in or around water is advantageous. This role is a unique opportunity to help grow and develop our waterfront and coastal engineering practice up and down the East Coast. You will work on a variety of waterfront and coastal projects including marine terminals, port facilities, shipyards, recreational piers, harbors, marinas, and waterfront parks. If you’re interested in a rewarding career and working on some of the largest and most complex waterfront projects in the Northeast, we encourage you to apply and find success at GEI.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Help to grow our waterfront and coastal engineering practice by developing new and existing clients and markets while cross-selling GEI’s other core business areas including geotechnical, environmental, water resources, waterfront, ecological, and civil engineering consulting.
- Serve as a technical leader and mentor. Assist with management, recruiting, and training of staff.
- Lead proposal efforts, maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participate in client-based professional organizations, and make presentations at industry events.
- Manage a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity and size.
- Develop and manage project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Serve as a technical lead for the design of waterfront structures, including preparing construction drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and reports.
- Contribute to strategic planning at the office, regional, and national level.
- B.S or M.S. in Structural, Civil or comparable Engineering and Professional Engineer’s license.
- 20+ years of experience working on structural design projects with 10+ years in a project/program management role. Prior experience in marine, bridge, or heavy civil engineering design is preferred.
- Registered professional engineer in Massachusetts, or ability to obtain reciprocity in Massachusetts within 1 year of hire date.
- Experience leading interdisciplinary design and engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel occasionally for site visits / inspections, client meetings, and business development opportunities (to include overnight travel, as needed).
- Possess a valid US driver’s license.
We are GEI.
Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
With approximately 60 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.
GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
Activity Level Throughout Workday (check one per row)
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Wrist position deviation
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Talk or hear
Very Accurate 20/20
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
Extreme noise levels
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.