Your role at GEI.
GEI is seeking an Environmental Permitting Specialist to support our environmental permitting practice at locations throughout New England. The successful candidate should have a degree with an emphasis in the environmental field and have knowledge about New England wetlands and/or coastal resources.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Under supervision of senior staff, candidates will work on a variety of projects throughout New England.
- Candidate will work closely with Project Managers to assess environmental impacts and prepare and file regulatory applications.
- Position may include field inspection and assessment of marine resources.
- Candidates can expect to perform technical writing, data management and prepare correspondence and other documents.
- B.S. or M.S. in relevant environmental studies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software and ability to write technical documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience related to regulatory process and review.
- Knowledgeable about New England coastal resources, marine environmental issues, and/or marine biology.
- Small boat and/or SCUBA diving qualification with willingness to incorporate skills in workplace a plus but not required for work.
We are GEI.
Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
With approximately 60 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.
GEI’s Total Rewards Package Includes
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
Activity Level Throughout Workday (check one per row)
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Wrist position deviation
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Talk or hear
Very Accurate 20/20
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
Extreme noise levels
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.