Your role at GEI.
GEI Consultants, Inc. continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI is currently seeking Staff Professionals to help expand its growing business within our Mt. Laurel, NJ office.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Under supervision of senior staff, candidates will work on a variety of environmental projects throughout the region.
- Responsibilities will include conducting environmental site assessments, including test borings, monitor well installation, and environmental sampling, including soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, and vapor investigations.
- Candidates will be responsible for providing technical oversight to subcontractors, including evaluation of field activities and assisting in the development of investigation workplans.
- Candidates can expect to perform data management and analysis, prepare reports and assist in preparation of and delivery of technical presentations with clients and/or regulators.
- This position has a year-round field component; travel including some overnights are required. Candidates should be prepared to work in inclement conditions.
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science, M.S. is a plus.
- 0-2 years of previous professional experience in environmental consulting, knowledge of NJ or PA environmental regulations a plus.
- Excellent computer skills with technical analysis software, CAD, MS Office, MS Project, PowerPoint, and other computer applications. Experience with GIS software a plus.
- Proficiency in report writing and excellent communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel on short-term assignments as needed.
- Must hold a valid U.S. Driver’s license.
- Due to client requirements for anticipated projects, candidate must be willing to submit to and pass random drug screenings.
We are GEI.
Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
With approximately 60 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.
GEI’s Total Rewards Package Includes
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
Activity Level Throughout Workday (check one per row)
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Wrist position deviation
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Talk or hear
Very Accurate 20/20
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
Extreme noise levels
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.